Monday, July 13, 2009

Eight Pounds! Say Whaa?


Ben now has grown big.

I traveled to London last month. So to start off we (there were 7-8 other friends) arrived at Stansted Airport in the evening. Stansted is not really in the middle of London that it take almost an hour if I'm not mistaken, to reach the city center. We decided to rent a house just for the stay in London because it was cheaper that way. We found one in West Ham on the Internet. The owner of the house said that if we wanted to rent, we just had to be there before 9pm or so on the day of our arrival. It was getting late, and since this was our first trip on our own, we had no clue. We tried asking for information, from the tourist center and from anyone we can find.

Well it was London we're talking about. Being here is like a sweet spring escape due to the fact that we will not be using German for like a week or two. To make short story even shorter we really had problem with communication ever since we tried to settle down in Germany.

"Why the fish the Germans didn't use English at the first place?" I know most of us must have once thought like that.


....


....



I'm actually pausing just now. But with picture.

There was this situation, I asked the man at the counter about the price we must pay for the bus ride, he replied, kinda sound like this, "aigh pounds."

What he just said, the sound wasn't very familiar to my ear. Was that English? Nothing near what we usually heard. It was with accent.

Later I learned it was eight pounds.



** I may look like I'm super good at maths with all that symbols I used, but frankly, that's all I know!

1 comment:

Pat said...

well,
i've used mandarin during primary sch, malay during secondary sch, english for form 6/a-levels, and freaking german for now!!! plus i speak a bit of foochow dialect and understand a few more and can differentiate between korean n japanese... and i'm definitely proud of it! haha...

so be proud! u can be master of none but jack of all trades... or is it the other way round? don care lah...