And here I pick a few interesting topics from the article.
"...The signs of addiction to cigarettes include:
- Smoking more than seven cigarettes per day
- Inhaling deeply and frequently
- Smoking cigarettes containing nicotine levels more than 0.9mg
- Smoking within 30 minutes of awakening in the morning
- Finding it difficult to eliminate the first cigarette in the morning
- Smoking frequently during the morning
- Finding it difficult to avoid smoking in smoking-restricted areas
- Needing to smoke even if sick and in be..."
"...Getting ready to quit smoking
- Set a date for quitting. If possible, plan to have a friend quit smoking with you.
- Notice when and why you smoke. Try to find the things in your daily life that you often do while smoking (such as drinking your morning cup of coffee or driving a car).
- Change your smoking routines: Keep your cigarettes in a different place. Smoke with your other hand. Don't do anything else when you are smoking. Think about how you feel when you smoke.
- Smoke only in certain places, such as outdoors.
- When you want a cigarette, wait a few minutes. Try to think of something to do instead of smoking. For example, you might chew gum or drink a glass of water.
- Buy one pack of cigarettes at a time. Switch to a brand of cigarettes that you don't like..."
- "What date is today? Shit, I have to go remind my friend, it's his birthday!".
- "It's 10 a.m. I want a smoke.". "Oh, it's 10:30 a.m. I wanna smoke." (5 minutes after the last cigarette) "Where's my fucking lighter???! I'm gonna shit!" (and light another cigarette).
Why: every possible reason .
- You drive, you open the window, you hold the cigarette with your right hand- your usual hand. You sit next to the driver, you open the window, you hold the cigarette with your left hand- your other hand.
- "Let's go outside." (30 minutes later) "Let's go outside."
- No comment. It's just useless.