Monday, January 26, 2009

Word of Advice.

When I was offered to study in Germany two and a half years ago, grandma had started reminding me, who said malay girls were not gorgeous, not admirable and not adoreable??? (siapa bilang gadis melayu tak menawan, tak menarik hati, tiada memikat).

She actually didn't want me to bring a Matsaleh girl, or worst, a Matsaleh wife home as she claimed communication would be hard for her. She didn't know I had to suffer my two-and-a-half-years preparation program in Malaysia, and needed to work really hard just to step my foot in Germany.

Dad was very good in playing his role to keep his mother more worried about me by telling his imaginative joke, like other villagers will hide to peep in the bush nearby while my Matsaleh wife is jogging with only a tight short and t-shirt on around the village or sunbathing at the nearby beach in her bikini.

And everytime when I went visiting her house in previous two and a half years time, she kept repeating her advice, and dad would add some new absurd points, which I couldn't remember them pretty well, except one when dad asked grandma to sacrifice her backyard to dig up a swimming pool just for her imaginary Matsaleh granddaughter-in-law, so that my wife didn't have to go to beach anymore to sunbath. Then she would become more and more worried.

Now that I'm even more close to Germany, I never tell grandma that deep inside me, eventhough I don't really like Mawi, I sing too. And I believe.

Very Malay at mind, but rebellious at heart.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

urgh mawi.

Maisarah Omar said...

Wish you luck fer ur preparation:)
Bila mauu fly?

Anonymous said...

hehe, hoping to see u with ur matsaleh's wife! :) goodluck neways!

-tqa

Aedams said...

haha. think u don't really get my mesg are you? who says Malay girls are not gorgeous, not admirable and not adorable? sing along.

well thanks ms. editor.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahhaa.. ape lagi, carikla mat saleh dow. nanti kau dpt swimming pool kt belakang rumah.

Aedams said...

aku berendam kt bendang je kt kampung aku. klo ada pool lg ar. org kampung dah x g masjid dah pasni.

aimi said...

seriously..those are the same words my atuk told me at the airport, approximately like one hour before my flight..
macam nih ayat atuk...
"toksah...toksah,,,ngn matsalleh mne2..balik sini kawen ngn melayu gak" haha...those are his last words before i left malaysia..

ida razak said...

mat salleh mmg eja camtu eh? Matsaleh eh? harus capitalise eh

alleya said...

ahaha..ur granny must be freking out kan..thinking of u..hahaha...
hope to see ur matsaleh wife...n ur kacukan blended kids! hahahaha!